Draymond Green explains why he was so excited to take a photo with Allen Iverson at the HOF ceremony

Draymond Green attended the Basketball Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremony on Friday night to support his college coach Tom Izzo. Green told The Undefeated‘s Marc Spears that it was a moment he “wouldn’t miss for anything.” Izzo credited Green for being part of the reason he was inducted in his speech.
While Green was there for Izzo, there was also one player in particular that Green was extremely excited to see — Allen Iverson.

Green shared why he was so pumped to witness Iverson’s speech in person and why he was so happy when Iverson agreed to take a photo with him on Instagram. He said that AI inspires him to continue to be himself and to not change for anyone.
To get this pic with AI meant a lot to me right after I asked him for the pic and he said yes. The excitement I had after the pic was UNREAL… After witnessing his speech it means even more. Real always recognize Real… So to everybody who wants me to change, blame AI, because he just reminded me of something…I only know how to be me! SN: I wish he wore a tee and the chains hahaha



Additionally, Green tweeted during Iverson’s speech. The Warriors forward enjoyed it very much, especially the ending in which Iverson shouted out his haters.


Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment